Ostomy NZ Education, Support & Training Conference, Executive Meeting & AGM
Supported by Major Sponsors Braemar Charitable Trust, Trust Waikato and McPherson’s
Tainui Novotel Hamilton
9, 10, 11 August 2019
Get ready! The Waikato Ostomy Society will host the Ostomy NZ Education, Support and Training Conference, Executive Meeting and AGM in the Hamilton Tainui Novotel, 9-11 August 2019.
An updated programme can be found here.
Here’s what you need to know:
Accommodation and Registration
Registrations are now coming in. Closing date for Registrations is 27th July (but late registrations may be accepted up till 31 July – see information at the bottom of the page).
Accommodation at Tainui Novotel and adjacent Tainui Ibis hotels
Novotel Room only $185
Novotel Breakfast $25 per person
Ibis Room only $125
All individual accommodation will be reserved via a special link with the hotels to get the conference rate. This is on the registration form at the bottom of the page.
Ibis breakfast $20 per person
Full Registration $80
Saturday Registration $60
Sunday Lunch $20 (included in full registration)
Conference Dinner $70 (includes music and fun)
A varied programme will be offered with a warm Waikato welcome.
- 8.50 am: Move to be seated
- 9 am: Opening remarks, Barry Maughan
- 9:05 am: Welcome, Mayor of Hamilton Andrew King
- Followed by Waikato Diocesan School Kapahaka Group
- 9.30 am: Surgery in Tonga: how it is done, Simi Lolohea, Colorectal Surgeon
- 10.00 am: Richard McNair “ASPOA, IOA, FOW NZ”
- 10.15 am: Trade/Appliance firms introduction.
- 10.25 am: Morning Tea
- 10.55 am: “Team OKK: a personal story”, Kallia Patching
- 11.25 am: Coloplast Award presentation: Rachael Tiberi, Marketing Manager Australia and NZ
- 11:35 am: “Astami”, Debbie Strode: Nurse
- 11:55 am: “How Adversity can lead to Success”, Toby Cunliffe- Steel, Athlete, Brain Tumour Survivor and Speaker
- 12:25 pm: Wrap up of the morning
- 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 1.30 pm: Workshops. Break into Ileostomy, Colostomy, Urostomy, 20-40 minutes, or Young Ostomates, Partners/Support 50 minute session. Planned session Chaired by Ostomate and stomal therapist
- 2:30 pm: “Current state of Bowel Cancer Screening Programme”, Judy Warren, Project Manager Midland Cancer Network
- 2.55 pm: “Parastomal Hernias-Everything we need to know and how to treat them”, Jasen Ly, Colorectal Surgeon
- 3:25 pm: “Breaking Down Barriers”, Graeme Roadley, Patron Ostomy NZ
- 3:45 pm: Ostomy NZ President Jill Newton Presents Awards and Introduces Issues
- 4:05 pm: Raffle Draw
- 4:15 pm: Conference Closure, Brian Gordon, Waikato Ostomy Society President
- 4:20 pm: Afternoon Tea
- 6:15 pm: Pre-Dinner Drinks and Social Interaction
- 7:00 pm: Dinner and Music
Latest appliances and accessories
On Saturday there will be the opportunity to view latest appliances and accessories at the following trade stands: Ainscorp (Salts), Coloplast, ConvaTec, Dansac, Fanny Adams Health 2000, Omnigon and Hollister.
The Conference will be advertised by link on the Ostomy NZ website to the Waikato Ostomy website, in the NZO Magazine and with direct email or post to all societies with registration forms.
There is limited paid parking onsite for guests. In addition, there are the following parking options close by:
- Centre Place car park, Bryce Street. Free on weekends: 6 am – 10.30 pm. Hourly rates apply on Friday but an early bird daily rate of $8 is available for parking before 8 am, with 2 hours free if $10 or more spent in the mall.
- HCC Anglesea Street Car park: Saturday and Sunday $5 for 2 hours or more, 6 am – 10 pm. Hourly rates apply on Friday but an early bird daily rate of $8 is available for parking before 8 am.
- HCC River Road (Sonning Car Park) over Claudelands Bridge: $5 Friday and free on weekends. To get to the venue walk over Claudelands bridge and left past Ibis to Novotel.
- SkyCity Hamilton Casino parking: $20 per day. Price is reduced if $20 spent in cafes, restaurants and maybe casino. If in hotels, a voucher enables evening in out next day for $20. This is the closest to Novotel, downhill to the right past the hotel.
- Street parking: You can park for free for 2 hours on the street next to parking meters, however there are not many available close to the conference. All parks are free on Sunday.
Airport pick up and drop off will be arranged.
A Friday 1.30 pm Iconic Hamilton Gardens visit will be arranged for conferees that have arrived in time. Please indicate your interest on the Registration form.
Restaurants and shopping are close by at Centre Place Mall. A bus will take you to The Base Mall.
How do I register?
Click on the link below for a printable version of the registration form. All information on how to register, pay and where to send your completed form are in the form below. For hotel reservations use information on Registration Form.
See you there!
Don’t forget! The closing date for Registrations is 27th July.
Note: Late registrations may be accepted up to 31 July but payment must be received along with registration forms. Please call or email Barry Maughan (027 2811 769; email@example.com) should you be doing so.